Friday, February 17, 2012

A Preview...


Last month, I decided I couldn't wait any longer and just had to have a 3D ultrasound. 3D sonography is a relatively newer, and more accessible technology available for the mom-to-be. It's a whole lot more affordable than it was 5 or 6 years ago at around $100-$200 a session.

I couldn't wait to see his face. Yes, by the way, I am expecting a little man. The anticipation of meeting this mini-me is hard to keep at bay. Who is he going to look like? Does he have 10 fingers and 10 toes? The questions flood me daily. So, naturally going to an elective, highly-detailed 3D sonogram session was a perfect fit.

At 28 weeks, I picked a nearby, privately-owned sonogram studio and booked their monthly special for new customers. For $100, I would get 15 minutes, a page of color photos, and a slideshow CD. Nice.

Before arriving for the session, I drank my recommended H20 intake for the prior week. This is supposed to ensure a clear shot of the fetus, as the amniotic fluid will be clearer and more adapt to a successful photography session. I even ate a cookie and juice to have him all perky and awake for the session. When I layed down on the table, the technician applied the gel, placed the device on my belly and....

Baby was sleeping. After some prodding, and moving around on my behalf, he began to become more active. But every shot, he was pretty much in a slumber state with his hand to his face.

Adorable and beautiful.

I chose to come back almost two weeks later, hoping for more fetal activity. I drank strawberry soda, and half a chocolate donut. (Don't judge) This combination certainly proved effective. I got lip-smacking, thumb-sucking, arm waving, and a whole bunch of cuteness from this little guy. Even a smile....

He looks like his daddy. He smiles like his mommy. What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment